The National Festival of Youth Theatres (NFYT) is the largest gathering of youth theatres in Ireland. The Festival, which will happen from 10-13 June this year, is a unique experience that provides young people with a fantastic opportunity to learn new skills, work with specialist facilitators, and get to know young people from youth theatres across the country.
In 2021, for the second time in Youth Theatre Ireland’s history, the Festival will happen online.
We are delighted to announce the 12 Youth Theatre Ireland affiliated youth theatres that will participate in 4 days of online workshops with specialist facilitators and social get-togethers from 10 to 13 June. In the lead up to the festival a Partnership Project for all participating groups will run in April and May. We’re cooking up something very special indeed, so join us from your sitting room / kitchen / back garden this June for a fantastic online theatre adventure.
The Festival theme for NFYT 2021, as announced by the YTI Youth Board, is ‘Dreams’: "We all dream. Sometimes at night, sometimes in the middle of the day, sometimes very quietly to ourselves. Dreams are a universal process but a very individual experience. Dreams are goals and ambitions. Whether you dream of going to space or seeing a dinosaur or being on stage with your friends again, dreams are what help us to keep going. Youth Theatre is the stuff of dreams."
The 12 participating youth theatre affiliates are:
- Backstage Youth Theatre, Longford
- Carrigallen Youth Theatre, Co. Leitrim
- Dublin Youth Theatre, Dublin
- Fracture Youth Theatre, Co. Tipperary
- Griese Youth Theatre, Co. Kildare
- Kildare Youth Theatre, Co. Kildare
- Mr. Sands Youth Theatre, Co. Wicklow
- Mountrath Youth Theatre, Co. Laois
- Pod Youth Theatre, Co. Cavan
- Roscommon County Youth Theatre, Roscommon
- UCC Youth Theatre, Cork
- WACT Youth Theatre, Co. Wexford