General privacy statement
Youth Theatre Ireland is committed to complying with the EU GDPR regulation. We will use personal data only where consent to do so is affirmative, freely given, specific, informed, and unambiguous. At the point of requesting personal or sensitive information from individuals we will provide specific information on how the data will be used and retained.
Youth Theatre Ireland is committed to upholding your rights as provided for by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) including:
- The right to be informed about how we will use your personal data.
- The right of access to a copy of the personal data we hold and information on how we process it.
- The right to have incorrect or incomplete personal data corrected.
- The right to be forgotten and have personal data deleted if you so request.
- The right to restrict how we process your personal data.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data.
If you have any data protection related queries, please contact Eoghan Doyle by email at email@example.com.
We have adopted a set of information management guidelines to safeguard the privacy of users. We are aware that internet technologies are constantly evolving, and we will make every effort to ensure this policy is reflective of the latest developments.
What we do
Any user information we collect is for the specific goal of providing you with the best possible user experience. Being familiar with user preferences is an essential element of providing a satisfactory experience for visitors to this site. If you visit our site to browse, read or download, we automatically collect and store the following information about you:
- The IP address from which you access our website (an IP address is the number automatically assigned to your computer when you are online)
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our site
- The date and time of your access to our site
- The pages you visit, and the internet address of the website from which you accessed our site
We use this information for the following purposes:
- To make our site as user-friendly as possible
- To gather statistics on the relative interest in different sections of the site
What we don’t do
We do not, under any circumstances:
- Link IP addresses to anything that would identify you personally
- Share the information we track on this site, in any form, with any third-party including advertisers
- Release personal information about any user
If you provide us with personal information in an email to one of the addresses listed on our site or by filling out a form with your personal information, we will only use that information to respond to your message and to help us provide you with the material you have requested.
Youth Theatre Ireland's e-newsletter, Intermission, is sent only to members and those who have requested it.
This website contains links to other websites that we think may be of interest to our users. We have no control over the privacy policies or content of these websites.
This type of non-personal user information and data referred to above can be collected through the standard operation of our internet servers and logs as well as "cookies". A cookie is a small text file containing a unique identification number that is transferred from a website to the hard drive of your computer so that the website you are using may identify you and track your activities on that particular website. If you interact with certain parts of this website, the site will send a cookie to your hard drive. The cookie only recognises your computer and does not know or store any personal information about you. You may choose not to enable your cookies in your browser if your browser permits, although you may need to enable the cookies to use the site properly. Cookies enable usage behaviour to be tracked and aggregate data to be compiled that would facilitate more focused and improved content. It helps us to know which parts of the website are most popular, and generally to assess how users are interacting with the site.
Acceptable usage policy
Youth Theatre Ireland asks that all users of the site comply with our Acceptable Usage Policy.
Users should not:
- Use the site to bully, harass or target any other user
- Add content or create a link to content that could be interpreted as offensive or inappropriate
- Use inappropriate language
- Use any content including images from the site without receiving prior permission from Youth Theatre Ireland
- Misuse or take out of context any content on the site including images or video footage
Authorised data processors
Youth Theatre Ireland contracts with trusted third parties, such as AddThis and PayPal, to provide certain services.