Become a member of Youth Theatre Ireland and make sure that you don’t miss out on fantastic youth drama and youth theatre opportunities every year: training, seminars, events, activities, research, latest news—and lots more!
If you are a young person seeking to participate in youth theatre, please visit our Find a Youth Theatre page here to locate the youth theatre nearest to you.
May 2021: Please note we are currently experiencing trouble with our Paypal links, please email Shelley at email@example.com to request our bank details for an EFT transfer.
You can become an Individual or Organisational Member of Youth Theatre Ireland to:
- Receive our monthly newsletter and annual magazine
- Attend training, seminars and conferences
- Access member-only resources
- Avail of member rates for our publications
- Attend and vote at AGMs
- Apply to join Youth Theatre Ireland Garda Vetting Consortium (Organisational Members only)
For 2021, Individual Membership is €20 per year (€10 for those who are students or unwaged) and suits a wide range of individuals from freelance facilitators to youth workers, teachers or academics. Download the 2021 Individual Membership Form here, complete it and return by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Scroll below to find a link to Paypal to pay your membership fee via credit or debit card.
For 2021, Organisational Membership is €50 per year and suits any organisation with an interest in young people and drama, or youth arts more generally. Download the 2021 Organisation Membership Form here, complete it and return by email to email@example.com. Scroll below to find a link to Paypal to pay your membership fee via credit or debit card. For 2021, youth theatres that are in the process of affiliating to Youth Theatre Ireland are offered a special membership rate. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org before making payment.
For 2021 only, the Youth Theatre Affiliation is €35. Affiliation to Youth Theatre Ireland suits youth theatres working with a group of young people regularly and is by application only. In addition to the benefits listed above, YT Affiliates:
- Can apply for support programmes such as the Youth Theatre Support Schemes
- Can avail of advice on a wide range of areas from funding and Child Protection to artistic guidance
- Can apply for International Opportunities
- Are eligible for a specially tailored insurance scheme
- Can join the Youth Theatre Ireland Garda Vetting Consortium
Young people who are Members of our Youth Theatre Affiliates can:
- Audition for the National Youth Theatre
- Participate in the National Festival of Youth Theatres
- Take part in other events such as the Young Critics Programme
Youth Theatre Affiliation is €35 for 2021 only. To affiliate to Youth Theatre Ireland, a youth theatre must:
- Have aims and objectives
- Have an artistic vision
- Demonstrate a commitment to aiding and enhancing the personal and social development of young people
- Have a Welfare / Child Protection Policy
- Be not for profit
- Exist outside of formal education
- Have a non-competitive policy
- Have an inclusive ethos that encourages the participation of all young people
- Have recruited a group of committed young people and have plans to recruit more
- Have youth theatre members aged 12 and over
- Have a group of interested adults to run the youth theatre
- Have suitable space(s) and public liability insurance cover
- Intend to / have already started to run an annual programme including regular drama workshops
Please contact Rhona Dunnett, Youth Theatre Ireland’s Research and Development Officer, to discuss the youth theatre affiliation application process.