Become a member of Youth Theatre Ireland and make sure that you don’t miss out on fantastic youth drama and youth theatre opportunities every year: training, seminars, events, activities, research, latest news—and lots more!
If you are a young person seeking to participate in youth theatre, please visit our Find a Youth Theatre page here to locate the youth theatre nearest to you.
January 2022: Please note we are currently experiencing trouble with our Paypal links, please email Joanne at firstname.lastname@example.org to request our bank details for an EFT transfer.
You can become an Individual or Organisational Member of Youth Theatre Ireland to:
- Receive our monthly newsletter and annual magazine
- Attend training, seminars and conferences
- Access member-only resources
- Avail of member rates for our publications
- Attend and vote at AGMs
- Apply to join Youth Theatre Ireland Garda Vetting Consortium (Organisational Members only)
For 2022, Individual Membership is €20 per year (€10 for those who are students or unwaged) and suits a wide range of individuals from freelance facilitators to youth workers, teachers or academics.
For 2022, Organisational Membership is €50 per year and suits any organisation with an interest in young people and drama, or youth arts more generally. Please email email@example.com to see if you qualify for this type of membership. For 2022, youth theatres that are in the process of affiliating to Youth Theatre Ireland are offered a special membership rate.
In 2022, we are continuing Youth Theatre Affiliation at €35. Affiliation to Youth Theatre Ireland suits youth theatres working with a group of young people regularly and is by application only. In addition to the benefits listed above, YT Affiliates:
- Can apply for support programmes such as the Youth Theatre Support Schemes
- Can avail of advice on a wide range of areas from funding and Child Protection to artistic guidance
- Can apply for International Opportunities
- Are eligible for a specially tailored insurance scheme
- Can join the Youth Theatre Ireland Garda Vetting Consortium
Young people who are Members of our Youth Theatre Affiliates can:
- Audition for the National Youth Theatre
- Participate in the National Festival of Youth Theatres
- Take part in other events such as the Young Critics Programme
Youth Theatre Affiliation is €35 for 2022. To affiliate to Youth Theatre Ireland, a youth theatre must:
- Have aims and objectives
- Have an artistic vision
- Demonstrate a commitment to aiding and enhancing the personal and social development of young people
- Have a Welfare / Child Protection Policy
- Be not for profit
- Exist outside of formal education
- Have a non-competitive policy
- Have an inclusive ethos that encourages the participation of all young people
- Have recruited a group of committed young people and have plans to recruit more
- Have youth theatre members aged 12 and over
- Have a group of interested adults to run the youth theatre
- Have suitable space(s) and public liability insurance cover
- Intend to / have already started to run an annual programme including regular drama workshops and performance opportunities for its members
Please contact Alan King to discuss the youth theatre affiliation application process.