What We Do
Youth Theatre Ireland supports youth theatre in practice through an annual programme that includes the National Youth Theatre, the National Festival of Youth Theatres, training and mentorship, commissioning new writing, publications, resources and other services as well as research and policy development. We also work in partnership with local and national stakeholders towards the sustained development of youth theatre, advocate the benefits of youth theatre participation and provide leadership for the sector.
- We deliver national-level artistic programmes including festivals and the National Youth Theatre.
- We provide training for youth theatre leaders and directors
- We develop new youth theatres in partnership with local groups and agencies
- We provide advice, guidance and support to existing youth theatres.
- We advocate for youth theatres and champion the benefits of youth drama for all young people.
- We operate a Garda Vetting Consortium for youth theatres
- We push forward youth theatre practice through research and debate
- We provide a range of practical and artistic resources for Youth Theatres
Each year, on average, Youth Theatre Ireland:
- reaches up to 3000 young people participating in approximately 4000 hours of drama activities with 55 affiliated youth theatres across Ireland
- engages hundreds of young people directly across seven high quality national programmes including the National Festival of Youth Theatres
- provides over 2000 hours of advice and guidance to affiliated youth theatres, emerging youth theatres, other youth services and individuals developing youth drama activities in Ireland