I really feel that I have come away from it with a well of valuable material to bring to and use with my own group in the coming year. ‘Leading On…’ is also about making connections and forming new relationships which may impact the ways in which we move forward, collectively.
Leading On… participant
Leading On... covers all areas of youth drama practice, both artistic and organisational. A feature of the programme is a yearly residential event held over four days in the Summer. The residential is a particularly valuable opportunity for youth drama practitioners to explore new approaches, gather new material and develop their own artistic practice.
The training is open to affiliated youth theatres as well as member organisations and individuals.
Past Leading On... Training
- Making & Devising Theatre with Antoinette Duffy (2019)
- A Sense Of Direction with Tom Creed (2018)
- Cracking Shakespeare with Liam Halligan (2017)
- Teaching Voice, Workshops for Young Performers with Max Hafler (2016)
- Playing The Game with Chrissie Poulter (2015)
- Playing with Text
- Where to Begin?: Devising processes for making theatre
- Training in Welfare and Child Protection
- Training in inclusive youth theatre practice
- Laying the Foundations: The first 10 weeks of youth theatre.
- Shifting Gear: Using High Focus Exercises and Approaches in Youth Drama
- Training In Playback Theatre
- Creative Approaches to Voice
- Building the Arc: Looking at the elements of the youth drama workshop
Banner Photo: Sean Kennedy
How do I get involved?
There are various closing dates for Leading On... events throughout the year. Keep an eye on the News Page and make sure you sign up to our enewsletter. You must be a member of Youth Theatre Ireland to participate in our training. Find out how to Join Youth Theatre Ireland.