Save the Date! 3-Day Laying the Foundations Masterclass in Dublin, 23 to 25 September
Announcing our three-day Masterclass in Youth Drama Facilitation
When? Monday to Wednesday, 23 to 25 September
Where? The Lab, Foley Street, Dublin
What time? 10:00am - 5:00pm each day
How much? €150 (workshop fee includes a copy of Laying the Foundations: A Guide to Youth Drama Facilitation)
What will I do in the Masterclass?
Youth Theatre Ireland is delighted to offer you a three-day Masterclass in Youth Drama Facilitation that will give you an excellent grounding in the field. You will be introduced to the facilitation methodologies as outlined in Laying the Foundations: A guide to youth drama facilitation, a practical youth drama manual that guides facilitators through a ten-week drama workshop programme for youth theatre members. Your three-day training will include practical drama workshops, planning exercises, discussion, and feedback sessions. The process will help you interrogate Laying the Foundations from the facilitator’s perspective and gain an insight into how to best use the publication. All Masterclass participants will receive a free copy of Laying the Foundations (a €28 value).
Who is this course for?
Anyone who wants to develop their facilitation skills to work creatively with young people such as:
- Actors and artists
- Youth theatre facilitators
- Youth workers
- Youth arts practitioners
- Youth leaders
What if I’m an experienced facilitator? No worries, Laying the Foundations will provide fresh approaches to your facilitation practice.
What will I learn?
- A host of transferable skills through the facilitation methodologies used in youth theatre
- Skills you can use to kick-start and plan a creative project with young people
- How to source new material and ways to approach elements of creative facilitation using drama techniques
- How to explore fresh ways of building basic drama skills with a group
- Planning exercises
Who’s facilitating the Masterclass?
Dave Kelly, author of Laying the Foundations, and Youth Theatre Ireland’s National Training Co-ordinator. Dave developed and delivered Artstrain, Youth Theatre Ireland's full-time Drama Facilitation QQI level 6 course, which ran until 2017.
What have other participants said about this Masterclass?
- "A fantastic three days. I am now excited to go and use these skills in the youth theatre with a refreshed mindset and energy."
- “It helped me feel comfortable and excited in planning my own workshops in the future.”
- “These workshops have given me a huge variety of tools to use when I go back to working with my kids.”
I still have questions. Who can I contact? Email Dave directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, or ring him on 01-878-1301.
Sounds great! How can I book my place? Bookings are open and can be made through Eventbrite by clicking here.
23 to 25 September