A Note from the Chair of Our Youth Board
Hey! My name is Rory Williams Doyle, and I am the current chair of your Youth Board. I wanted to fill members in on what has been going on with the Youth Board since we started in December 2017 and let you know about an exciting opportunity for a new member to join us.
About the Youth Board
The Youth Board is a group of young adults who have come through the youth theatre system. We assist Youth Theatre Ireland in the development and execution of their goals for the year. We are there to ensure that the voices of young people remain central to the core vision of Youth Theatre Ireland.
Since our formation, we have worked hard to develop our own organisational structure. We developed a set of guidelines that now form the basis of our group's decision making process.
We have also discussed many issues that affect members. From fee structures, to youth representation on youth theatre committees. These are some of the issues that we investigate, report and advocate for Youth Theatre Ireland to work on. But we too, don't have all the answers, and we would like this year to engage with more members across the country.
So, I wanted to take this opportunity to introduce our small group. To all the young people who read this publication, reach out and let us know what issues you face in youth theatre. We are reachable via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. And at the end of the day, we are here for you!
Join the Youth Board
The Youth Board are currently looking for one new member to join our work for 2019. The Youth Board strives to have a balanced group which is representative of all our membership across Ireland. To maintain and improve on this we are currently seeking female, non-binary, trans and LGBTI+ young people to apply for this position.
If accepted, your job on the board will be to:
- Input into Youth Theatre Ireland’s long and short term planning in an advisory capacity.
- Suggest and contribute to the design of new and existing initiatives and projects.
- Preserve a consistent youth perspective in Youth Theatre Ireland.
- Act as ambassadors for Youth Theatre Ireland.
- Be consulted on a wide range of major and minor decisions.
And don’t worry about your ability to afford expenses incurred by joining the board, such as travel costs. Youth Theatre Ireland will cover out of pocket expenses arising from participation in the Youth Board.
Sound good? Well, are you:
- A female, non-binary, trans or LGBTI+ individual aged 18 – 25?
- A current or past member or leader of a Youth Theatre affiliated to Youth Theatre Ireland?
- Motivated to contribute your time, skills and energy to the task as outlined?
- A generous and collaborative team-player?
If that sound like it could be you, then we would love to hear from you. Please send an expression of interest by 29 May to email@example.com. Use the subject line “Youth Board Application”.
The expression of interest should include:
- Your personal details: Name, age, address, contact details.
- The name of the youth theatre you are a current or past member or leader of.
- A short personal statement that explains why you want to join the Youth Board (max. 250 words).
I hope this will be the first letter of many I will have the pleasure to write to you during my tenure. And I am excited to see what we can achieve together over the course of 2019.
Rory Williams Doyle,
Youth Board Chair