Production Fund Available to Produce Agóid
In 2016, Youth Theatre Ireland and Axis: Ballymun were funded by the Community Foundation for Ireland to commission a bi-lingual play as a response to the 1916 commemorations. The result of this commission was Agóid, a play about protest in Irish and English by Caitríona Ní Mhurchú.
Now, with the kind support of the project funders, we have a small production fund of €1,200 to support a further full production of the play before the end of 2017.
Agóid was launched at the annual Playshare event on 10th December 2016 and will premiere in a production by County Limerick Youth Theatre from 12 – 14 May.
How to Apply:
We are inviting affiliated youth theatres who wish to produce Agóid to submit an expression of interest by Friday 19 May with brief answers to the following questions:
1. Please provide details of the planned production including dates, venue and director.
2. Why does your youth theatre want to produce Agóid?
3. What challenges (if any) does your group face in producing a bi-lingual play and how do you propose to address these challenges?
4. How will you finance the rest of the production costs not covered by the production fund?
We would encourage you to engage the young people in your youth theatre in answering these questions.
Expressions of interest should be sent to Michelle Carew by email to email@example.com by Friday 19th May.
Selection will be based on the following criteria:
1. Demonstrated interest on the part of the youth theatre members to produce the play
2. Capacity to produce bi-lingual play
3. Strong degree of project planning in place
The youth theatre awarded the production fund must credit the Community Foundation for Ireland on all marketing and promotional materials associated with the production.