Individual and Organisation members of Youth Theatre Ireland:
- receive our monthly newsletter and annual magazine
- can attend training, seminars and conferences
- can access member-only resources
- can avail of member rates for our publications
- can attend and vote at AGMs
- can apply to join Youth Theatre Ireland Garda Vetting Consortium (Organisations only).
In addition to the above, affiliated Youth Theatres:
- can apply for support programmes such as the Youth Theatre Support Scheme
- can avail of advice on a wide range of areas from funding and Child Protection to artistic guidance
- can apply for international opportunities
- are eligible for specially tailored insurance schemes
- can join Youth Theatre Ireland Garda Vetting Consortium
And their Youth Theatre Members can:
- audition for the National Youth Theatre
- participate in the National Festival of Youth Theatres
- take part in other events such as the Young Critics
The national development organisation for youth drama/theatre has been of huge help and encouragement to the work of young performers at the CSM Youth Theatre. It has offered them opportunities to train with expert teachers and thereby expand their skill set, to meet with other youth theatre’s and share their work, to be inspired by their peers and other theatre professionals and most importantly to feel they are part of something larger.
Great work is done in the Youth Theatre workshop room but the validation that being part of this larger and dynamic organisation imbues our youth theatre members with ambition and confidence. So much of the work of Youth Theatre depends on goodwill and for myself as artistic director of the CSM Youth Theatre, the fact that I can call on the expertise and energy of Youth Theatre Ireland is invaluable.
Regina Crowley, Cork School of Music Youth Theatre Director